High Quality Cast Iron Flexible Coupling Sleeve NM Pump Coupling
NM flexible shaft coupling is a cylindrical pin made of some non-metallic materials, which is placed between the 2 sides of the coupling and the inner surface of the outer ring, and a device to transfer the torque through the column pin to realize the connection between 2 half couplings.
NM flexible shaft coupling between the slider made of bakelite cloth or polyurethane, suitable for high speed, large torque, no sharp impact of the 2 connections. The maximum allowable torque is 850N m, and the maximum shaft diameter is 50mm.
Our Main Products:
1. Timing Belt Pulley (Synchronous Pulley), Timing Bar, Clamping Plate;
2. Forging, Casting, Stampling Part;
3. V Belt Pulley and Taper Lock Bush; Sprocket, Idler and Plate Wheel;Spur Gear, Bevel Gear, Rack;
4. Shaft Locking Device: could be alternative for Ringfeder, Sati, Chiaravalli, Tollok, etc.;
5. Shaft Coupling: including Miniature couplings, Curved tooth coupling, Chain coupling, HRC coupling,
Normex coupling, Type coupling, GE Coupling, torque limiter, Universal Joint;
6. Shaft Collars: including Setscrew Type, Single Split and Double Splits;
7. Gear & Rack: Spur gear/rack, bevel gear, helical gear/rack.
8. Other customized Machining Parts according to drawings (OEM) Forging, Casting, Stamping Parts.
|Packing||We use standard export wooden case, carton and pallet, but we can also pack it as per your special requirements.
ZheJiang Mighty Machinery Co., Ltd. specializes in offering best service and the most competitive price for our customer.
After over 10 years’ hard work, MIGHTY’s business has grown rapidly and become an important partner for oversea clients in the industrial field and become a holding company for 3 manufacturing factories.
MIGHTY’s products have obtained reputation of domestic and oversea customers with taking advantage of technology, management, quality and very competitive price.
Your satisfaction is the biggest motivation for our work, choose us to get high quality products and best service.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit.To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Shaft Hole:||Standard and Custom|
|Torque:||Standard and Custom|
|Bore Diameter:||Standard and Custom|
|Speed:||Standard and Custom|
Are there any safety considerations when using flexible couplings in rotating machinery?
Yes, there are several safety considerations to keep in mind when using flexible couplings in rotating machinery. While flexible couplings offer numerous benefits in terms of misalignment compensation, vibration isolation, and shock absorption, improper use or maintenance can lead to safety hazards. Here are some important safety considerations:
- Proper Installation: Ensure that the flexible coupling is installed correctly and securely following the manufacturer’s guidelines. Improper installation can lead to coupling failure, unexpected disconnection, or ejection of coupling components, which may result in equipment damage or injury to personnel.
- Alignment: Proper shaft alignment is essential for the reliable and safe operation of flexible couplings. Misaligned shafts can cause excessive stress on the coupling and connected components, leading to premature wear and possible failure. Regularly check and maintain proper shaft alignment to prevent safety risks.
- Operating Conditions: Consider the environmental and operating conditions of the machinery when selecting a flexible coupling. Some couplings are designed for specific temperature ranges, hazardous environments, or corrosive atmospheres. Using a coupling that is not suitable for the operating conditions can compromise safety and performance.
- Torque and Speed Limits: Always operate the flexible coupling within its specified torque and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can cause coupling failure, leading to unexpected downtime, equipment damage, and potential safety hazards.
- Maintenance: Regularly inspect and maintain the flexible coupling to ensure its continued safe operation. Check for signs of wear, damage, or corrosion, and promptly replace any worn or damaged components with genuine parts from the manufacturer.
- Emergency Stop Mechanism: In applications where safety is critical, consider implementing an emergency stop mechanism to quickly halt machinery operation in case of coupling failure or other emergencies.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): When working with rotating machinery or during maintenance tasks involving couplings, personnel should wear appropriate PPE, such as gloves, eye protection, and clothing that can resist entanglement hazards.
- Training and Awareness: Ensure that personnel working with the machinery understand the potential hazards associated with flexible couplings and receive proper training on safe handling, installation, and maintenance procedures.
By adhering to these safety considerations, operators and maintenance personnel can mitigate potential risks and ensure the safe and reliable operation of rotating machinery with flexible couplings. Additionally, it is essential to comply with relevant safety standards and regulations specific to the industry and application to ensure a safe working environment.
What are the factors to consider when choosing a flexible coupling for a specific system?
Choosing the right flexible coupling for a specific system requires careful consideration of several factors. The following are the key factors that should be taken into account:
- 1. Misalignment Requirements: Assess the type and magnitude of misalignment expected in the system. Different couplings are designed to handle specific types of misalignment, such as angular, parallel, or axial misalignment. Choose a coupling that can accommodate the expected misalignment to prevent premature wear and failure.
- 2. Torque Capacity: Determine the required torque capacity of the coupling to ensure it can transmit the necessary power between the shafts. Consider both the continuous and peak torque loads that the system may experience.
- 3. Operating Speed: Take into account the rotational speed of the system. High-speed applications may require couplings that can handle the additional centrifugal forces and balance requirements.
- 4. Temperature Range: Consider the operating temperature range of the system. Select a coupling material that can withstand the temperatures encountered without losing its mechanical properties.
- 5. Environment and Conditions: Evaluate the environmental conditions where the coupling will be used, such as exposure to moisture, chemicals, dust, or corrosive substances. Choose a coupling material that is compatible with the operating environment.
- 6. Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the coupling installation. Some couplings have compact designs suitable for applications with limited space.
- 7. Installation and Maintenance: Consider the ease of installation and maintenance. Some couplings may require special tools or disassembly for maintenance, while others offer quick and simple installation.
- 8. Torsional Stiffness: Evaluate the torsional stiffness of the coupling. A balance between flexibility and stiffness is essential to prevent excessive torsional vibrations while accommodating misalignment.
- 9. Shock and Vibration Damping: For applications with high shock loads or vibration, select a coupling with excellent damping characteristics to protect the system from excessive forces.
- 10. Cost and Budget: Compare the cost of the coupling with the overall budget for the system. Consider the long-term cost implications, including maintenance and replacement expenses.
Ultimately, the choice of a flexible coupling should align with the specific requirements and operating conditions of the system. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts can provide valuable insights to ensure the optimal selection of a coupling that enhances system performance, reliability, and efficiency.
Are there any limitations or disadvantages of using flexible couplings?
While flexible couplings offer numerous advantages, they do come with some limitations and disadvantages that should be considered when selecting them for specific applications. Here are some of the common limitations and disadvantages of using flexible couplings:
- Torsional Stiffness: Flexible couplings provide some level of torsional flexibility, which is advantageous in many applications. However, in systems that require high precision and minimal angular deflection, the inherent flexibility of the coupling may not be suitable. In such cases, a rigid coupling may be more appropriate.
- Limitation in High-Torque Applications: While some flexible couplings can handle moderate to high torque levels, they may not be as well-suited for extremely high-torque applications. In such cases, specialized couplings, such as gear couplings, may be required to handle the high torque demands.
- Temperature Limitations: The performance of certain flexible coupling materials, especially elastomers and plastics, may be affected by extreme temperature conditions. High temperatures can lead to premature wear and reduced lifespan of the coupling, while low temperatures may result in reduced flexibility and potential brittleness.
- Chemical Compatibility: Certain flexible coupling materials may not be compatible with certain chemicals or substances present in the application’s environment. Exposure to chemicals can cause degradation or corrosion of the coupling material, affecting its performance and lifespan.
- Installation and Alignment: Flexible couplings require proper installation and alignment to function effectively. If not installed correctly, misalignment issues may persist, leading to premature wear and reduced performance. Aligning the shafts accurately can be time-consuming and may require specialized equipment and expertise.
- Cost: In some cases, flexible couplings may be more expensive than rigid couplings due to their more complex design and use of specialized materials. However, the cost difference is often justified by the benefits they offer in terms of misalignment compensation and vibration damping.
- Service Life: The service life of a flexible coupling can vary depending on the application’s conditions and the quality of the coupling. Regular maintenance and timely replacement of worn or damaged parts are essential to ensure the coupling’s longevity and prevent unexpected failures.
Despite these limitations, flexible couplings remain highly valuable components in a wide range of applications, providing efficient torque transmission and compensating for misalignment. Proper selection, installation, and maintenance can help mitigate many of the disadvantages associated with flexible couplings, ensuring their reliable and long-lasting performance in various mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-10-01