Best Quality Shaft NM Flexible Couplings 97/112/128/148/168/194/214/240/265
Mighty can produce full series of NM couplings: NM50, NM67, NM82, NM97, NM112, NM128, NM148, NM168, NM194, NM214, NM240, NM265, NM295, NM330, NM370, NM415, NM480, NM575.
Material: cast iron GG25; Bore type: pilot bore, finished bore for set screw, bearing, keyway, taper bush; Surface finish: phosphate coated.
1) Competitive price and good quality
2) Used for transmission systems.
3) Excellent performance, long using life
4) Could be developed according to your drawings or data sheet
5) Pakaging:follow the customers’ requirements or as our usual package
6) Brand name: per every customer’s requirement.
7) Flexible minimum order quantity
8) Sample can be supplied
1) Timing Belt Pulley (Synchronous Pulley), Timing Bar, Clamping Plate;
2) Forging, Casting, Stampling Part;
3) V Belt Pulley and Taper Lock Bush; Sprocket, Idler and Plate Wheel;Spur Gear, Bevel Gear, Rack;
4) Shaft Locking Device: could be alternative for Ringfeder, Sati, Chiaravalli, Tollok, etc.;
5) Shaft Coupling:including Miniature couplings, Curved tooth coupling, Chain coupling, HRC coupling, Normex coupling, Type coupling, GE Coupling, torque limiter, Universal Joint;
6) Shaft Collars: including Setscrew Type, Single Split and Double Splits;
ZheJiang Mighty Machinery Co., Ltd. specializes in manufacturing Mechanical Power Transmission Products.
We Mighty is the division/branch of SCMC Group, which is a wholly state-owned company, established in 1980.
-3 manufacturing factories, we have 5 technical staff, our FTY have strong capacity for design and process design, and more than
70 workers and double shift eveyday.
-Large quality of various material purchase and stock in warhouse which ensure the low cost for the material and production in
-Strick quality control are apply in the whole prodution. we have incoming inspection,process inspection and final production
inspection which can ensure the perfect of the goods quality.
-14 years of machining experience. Long time cooperate with the Global Buyer, make us easy to understand the csutomer and handle the export.
MIGHTY’s products are mainly exported to Europe, America and the Middle East market. With the top-ranking management, professional technical support and abundant export experience, MIGHTY has established lasting and stable business partnership with many world famous companies and has got good reputation from CHINAMFG customers in international sales.
Q:Are you trading company or manufacturing ?
A:We are factory, also do trading company bussiness. Because our company do export 36 years, having our own factories, also cooperated with other many factories.
Q:What is the MOQ?
A:We not have a clear limit, 1 or 2 pcs is available.
Q:What is the delivery time?
A:3-5 days via DHL, TNT, UPS, FEDEX.
Different based on the different countires of customers vis CHINAMFG shipping.
Q:How long can repaly the inquiry?
A:Within 24 hours.
Q:Do you provide samples? is it free or extra?
A:Yes, we provide free samples for checking the build quality and real perfomance of our products, the freight need to be Covered by customer.
Q:What is your terms of payment?
A:T/T, L/C, D/P, D/A, Western Union, etc, all decided by customer’s requirements.
|Standard Or Nonstandard:||Standard|
Can flexible couplings be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. The design of flexible couplings allows them to accommodate misalignment and compensate for angular, parallel, and axial displacements between the shafts, making them suitable for various shaft orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements:
In horizontal shaft arrangements, where the shafts are parallel to the ground or horizontal plane, flexible couplings are commonly used to connect two rotating shafts. These couplings help transmit torque from one shaft to another while accommodating any misalignment that may occur during operation. Horizontal shaft arrangements are common in applications such as pumps, compressors, conveyors, and industrial machinery.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
In vertical shaft arrangements, where the shafts are perpendicular to the ground or vertical plane, flexible couplings are also applicable. Vertical shafts often require couplings that can handle the additional weight and forces resulting from gravity. Flexible couplings designed for vertical applications can support the weight of the rotating equipment while allowing for some axial movement to accommodate thermal expansion or other displacements. Vertical shaft arrangements are commonly found in applications such as pumps, gearboxes, turbines, and some marine propulsion systems.
Considerations for Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
When using flexible couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, there are a few additional considerations to keep in mind:
- Thrust Load: Vertical shafts can generate thrust loads, especially in upward or downward direction. The flexible coupling should be selected based on its capacity to handle both radial and axial loads to accommodate these forces.
- Lubrication: Some vertical couplings may require additional lubrication to ensure smooth operation and reduce wear, particularly if they are exposed to high axial loads or extended vertical shafts.
- Support and Bearing: Proper support and bearing arrangements for the vertical shaft are essential to prevent excessive shaft deflection and ensure the flexible coupling functions correctly.
Overall, flexible couplings are versatile and adaptable to various shaft orientations, providing efficient power transmission and misalignment compensation. Whether in horizontal or vertical arrangements, using the appropriate flexible coupling design and considering the specific application requirements will help ensure reliable and efficient operation.
What are the differences between elastomeric and metallic flexible coupling designs?
Elastomeric and metallic flexible couplings are two distinct designs used to transmit torque and accommodate misalignment in mechanical systems. Each type offers unique characteristics and advantages, making them suitable for different applications.
Elastomeric Flexible Couplings:
Elastomeric flexible couplings, also known as flexible or jaw couplings, employ an elastomeric material (rubber or similar) as the flexible element. The elastomer is typically molded between two hubs, and it acts as the connector between the driving and driven shafts. The key differences and characteristics of elastomeric couplings include:
- Misalignment Compensation: Elastomeric couplings are designed to handle moderate levels of angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. The elastomeric material flexes to accommodate the misalignment while transmitting torque between the shafts.
- Vibration Damping: The elastomeric material in these couplings offers excellent vibration dampening properties, reducing the transmission of vibrations from one shaft to another. This feature helps protect connected equipment from excessive vibrations and enhances system reliability.
- Shock Load Absorption: Elastomeric couplings can absorb and dampen shock loads, protecting the system from sudden impacts or overloads.
- Cost-Effective: Elastomeric couplings are generally more cost-effective compared to metallic couplings, making them a popular choice for various industrial applications.
- Simple Design and Installation: Elastomeric couplings often have a straightforward design, allowing for easy installation and maintenance.
- Lower Torque Capacity: These couplings have a lower torque capacity compared to metallic couplings, making them suitable for applications with moderate torque requirements.
- Common Applications: Elastomeric couplings are commonly used in pumps, compressors, fans, conveyors, and other applications that require moderate torque transmission and misalignment compensation.
Metallic Flexible Couplings:
Metallic flexible couplings use metal components (such as steel, stainless steel, or aluminum) to connect the driving and driven shafts. The metallic designs can vary significantly depending on the type of metallic coupling, but some general characteristics include:
- High Torque Capacity: Metallic couplings have higher torque transmission capabilities compared to elastomeric couplings. They are well-suited for applications requiring high torque handling.
- Misalignment Compensation: Depending on the design, some metallic couplings can accommodate minimal misalignment, but they are generally not as flexible as elastomeric couplings in this regard.
- Stiffer Construction: Metallic couplings are generally stiffer than elastomeric couplings, offering less vibration dampening but higher torsional stiffness.
- Compact Design: Metallic couplings can have a more compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Higher Precision: Metallic couplings often offer higher precision and concentricity, resulting in better shaft alignment.
- Higher Cost: Metallic couplings are typically more expensive than elastomeric couplings due to their construction and higher torque capacity.
- Common Applications: Metallic couplings are commonly used in high-speed machinery, precision equipment, robotics, and applications with high torque requirements.
In summary, the main differences between elastomeric and metallic flexible coupling designs lie in their flexibility, torque capacity, vibration dampening, cost, and applications. Elastomeric couplings are suitable for applications with moderate torque, misalignment compensation, and vibration dampening requirements. On the other hand, metallic couplings are chosen for applications with higher torque and precision requirements, where flexibility and vibration dampening are less critical.
What is a flexible coupling and how does it work?
A flexible coupling is a mechanical device used to connect two shafts while allowing for relative movement between them. It is designed to transmit torque from one shaft to another while compensating for misalignment, vibration, and shock. Flexible couplings are essential components in various rotating machinery and systems, as they help protect the connected equipment and enhance overall performance.
Types of Flexible Couplings:
There are several types of flexible couplings, each with its unique design and characteristics. Some common types include:
- Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings feature elastomer spiders that fit between two hubs. They can accommodate angular and parallel misalignment while dampening vibrations.
- Disc Couplings: Disc couplings use thin metallic discs to connect the shafts. They are highly flexible and provide excellent misalignment compensation.
- Gear Couplings: Gear couplings use gear teeth to transmit torque. They offer high torque capacity and can handle moderate misalignment.
- Beam Couplings: Beam couplings use a single piece of flexible material, such as a metal beam, to transmit torque while compensating for misalignment.
- Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings use a bellows-like structure to allow for axial, angular, and parallel misalignment compensation.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use three discs, with the middle one having a perpendicular slot to allow for misalignment compensation.
How a Flexible Coupling Works:
The operation of a flexible coupling depends on its specific design, but the general principles are similar. Let’s take the example of a jaw coupling to explain how a flexible coupling works:
- Two shafts are connected to the coupling hubs on either side, with an elastomer spider placed between them.
- When torque is applied to one shaft, it causes the spider to compress and deform slightly, transmitting the torque to the other shaft.
- In case of misalignment between the shafts, the elastomer spider flexes and compensates for the misalignment, ensuring smooth torque transmission without imposing excessive loads on the shafts or connected equipment.
- The elastomer spider also acts as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and shocks during operation, which reduces wear on the equipment and enhances system stability.
Overall, the flexibility and ability to compensate for misalignment are the key features that allow a flexible coupling to function effectively. The choice of a specific flexible coupling type depends on the application’s requirements, such as torque capacity, misalignment compensation, and environmental conditions.
editor by CX 2023-11-20